Top Tips for a Healthier 2018
Here we are in January! The New Year means a fresh start, a better version of you! Even if you don't make official New Year's Resolutions, you might have decided you are just going to start doing better with fitness and healthy eating.
Many of us go into January with grand plans, new gym memberships, and healthy recipes to try, but after a few weeks, the motivation kind of fizzles out. So to help you out, here are my top 5 tips for a healthier 2018!
1. Don’t set weight loss goals. Yep, you read it right. We have very little control over the rate at which our body sheds pounds because there are so many factors that affect weight loss (metabolism, genetics, and hormones to name a few). Focus on healthy eating, physical activity, stress reduction, and sleep and the pounds will come. Also, the scale does not account for body composition- muscle mass vs fat. Go by how you look and feel, not by the number.
2. Set realistic goals. For example- if you’ve never gone to the gym before, it probably isn’t realistic to try to start going 5 days a week from zero. You’ll set yourself up better for sustainable success if you start smaller and work your way up. Instead of setting 6 different goals, start with 3 that are most important to you, and once you get consistent with those, then you can add more.
3. Don’t get caught up in “quick fixes.” Fad diets and extreme workouts may work temporarily, but in the long run are difficult to keep up (and some can be hazardous). Instead make small changes you enjoy.
4. Expect setbacks. Change takes time. Try not to get discouraged if it takes a few tries to get it right.
5. Really spend some time planning! What are the steps you need to take to set yourself up for success with your goal?
Need a little help getting started? Wouldn’t it be great to have a coach to help you and your honey with a step by step plan to feel fitter and happier in the New Year? Kick Start 2018 with a special wellness planning session with coach Cheryl! Discover realistic and personalized strategies to finally make the changes you’ve been struggling to achieve. Only available through Jan 31. Sign up by Jan 8 and receive 15% off (regular price $120 per couple for 1 hour Skype session).
Sign up here-